HOME PAGECONTACT USTERMSON-LINE SHOPVIEW BASKET


click for more images

1953 Knowle Greyhound Club Bristol, Member's Numbered Badge.

A scarce original 1953 'Knowle Greyhound Club membership badge', gilded brass Deco style example displaying a racing greyhound on black enamel ground; the reverse with maker's details "Gladman & Norman Spencer St Birmingham 18" and impressed with very low issue number "18". Very good condition, retaining original pin fitting, enamel perfect, gilt finish remain bright, an excellent example.
Height 27mm.

'Knowle Greyhound Stadium' was built on fifteen acres of land on Wells Road in the Knowle area of Bristol. Racing started on 23 July 1927. The last meeting was held on 28 January 1961.

Code: 57080Price: 65.00 GBP


click for more images

1952 Knowle Greyhound Club Bristol, Member's Numbered Badge.

A scarce original 1952 'Knowle Greyhound Club membership badge', gilded brass Deco style example displaying a racing greyhound on red enamel ground; the reverse with maker's details "Gladman & Norman Spencer St Birmingham 18" and impressed with very low issue number "39". Good condition, retaining original pin fitting, enamel with minor bruise, surface scratches and service wear.
Height 27mm.

'Knowle Greyhound Stadium' was built on fifteen acres of land on Wells Road in the Knowle area of Bristol. Racing started on 23 July 1927. The last meeting was held on 28 January 1961.

Code: 57079Price: 40.00 GBP


click for more images

Boundary Park Greyhound Stadium, City of Norwich Numbered Badge.

A scarce original post- war 'City of Norwich Greyhound Stadium Racing Club lapel badge', silver plated shield shape example with title surround "NG (N) Ltd Boundary Park", the centre depicting a racing greyhound on green enamel ground; the reverse impressed with official issue number "555". Good condition, complete with original horseshoe buttonhole lapel fitting, enamel intact, minor manufacturers flaws in the form of pitting, silver plating worn in parts.
Height 21mm.

'Boundary Park Stadium' Boundary Road, City of Norwich, opened in 1932 under the promotion of the "NG (N) Ltd" 'National Greyhounds Norwich Ltd' . Its last meet was in 1962.

Code: 56604Price: 25.00 GBP


click for more images

'Greyhound Racing Association' c.1927 Harringay Greyhound Stadium Totalisator No 4 Tote Badge.

A scarce original circa 1927 'Greyhound Racing Association badge'; gilded brass quatrefoil designed example inlaid with red, white and blue enamelling,"GRA" initials to the top, very low issue number '4' below the central title "Harringay Totalisator". Good condition, enamel intact, minor surface scratches, gilt finish with service wear.
Height 31mm.

'Harringay Greyhound Stadium' North London, opened in 1927. It was owned by the "GRA" Greyhound Racing Association Ltd.

Code: 56603Price: 75.00 GBP


click for more images

1937 Catford Greyhound Racing Club, London Membership Badge.

A scarce original '1937 Catford Greyhound Racing Club member's badge', gilded brass quatrefoil example depicting a pair of competing greyhounds on white enamel ground, title surround in red; the reverse with maker's details "Spencer & Co Gt. Queen St. London W.C.2." and impressed with official issue number "302". Very good condition, no damage to the enamel, minor surface scratches, complete with original cord.
Diameter 31mm.

Catford Stadium was a greyhound track in the suburb of London. It was opened in 1932 and closed in 2003.

Code: 55777Price:


click for more images

Shanghai Greyhound Club 1929 Stadium Membership Badge.

A very rare original '1929 Shanghai Greyhound Club member's badge', silver coloured circular disc inlaid with electric blue enamelling, the centre with the initials "SGC" flanked by Chinese characters and title "Stadium 1929". Very good condition, no damage to the enamel, minor surface scratches, complete with original cord.
Diameter 31mm.

On 1st June 1930 the Directors of the 'Shanghai Greyhound Club' lent the dog racing track Stadium to the "1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment" for the purpose of 'Trooping the Colour', the first time the Regimental Colour' had been trooped since 1908.

Code: 55660Price:

Website designed & maintained by Concept500